Tuesday, May 16, 2006

WWPR New York Fires Morning 'Star' For On-Air Threats



Poor Premiere. They lose their top African-American host. So what do they do. They go out and sign Whoopi Goldberg

Clear Channel R&B/hip-hop WWPR (Power 105.1) New York has fired Troi Torain, the “Star” in the Star and Buc Wild Show, for making a series of threatening on-air comments directed at the daughter and wife of a competing personality. The termination came after City Council members publicly condemned the morning man during a Wednesday (May 10) afternoon news conference at City Hall.

The dominant player in one of New York’s top-rated 18-34 morning shows launched his tirade on May 3. The targets: Gia Casey, wife of rival WQHT (Hot 97) weekend personality DJ Envy, and the couple’s 4-year-old daughter.

“Yes I disrespected your seed,” Star reportedly said. “If you didn’t hear me, I said, I would like to do an R. Kelly on your seed, on your baby girl. I would like to tinkle on her.”

The contempt got more serious: “Where does this kid go to school? I got 500 bucks for that information.” And, “I will come for your kids. I finally got the information on [DJ Envy’s] slant-eyed whore wife.”

Star, who calls himself “the hater,” also said that he carries a gun.

In a statement issued Wednesday, Clear Channel New York market manager Rob Williams said: “Power 105 finds the comments alleged to have been broadcast by Troi Torain to be wholly unacceptable. We have removed him from the air pending a full investigation.”

No comments: